Thursday, October 9, 2008

Task 19 - You Tube

What a great course to do this is.

There won't be too many other days when I can sit at work browsing You Tube and legitimately claim to be working. I started off having a look at some videos from the Chris Moyles BBC Radio 1 show. You either love him or hate him but since very few people (statistically) from Australia will know of him I chose not to include any links here.

I did discover though that it can be best to press the play button and then pause the video playback so that the loading gets a chance to get ahead of the feed. Otherwise the video keeps stopping and starting to make for a very interrupted viewing experience.

After that I searched for a particular advertisement that I remember very distinctly from the 70's. One that every now and again I still sing to myself. It took me about 10 minutes to find it. I suppose all credit should go to the advertising executive who came up with the campaign if I can remember it 30 years later. So for your enjoyment here is a link to a very old Tic Tac commercial. Remember it is a Clean, Fresh Explosion of Mint! (Note: You may have to turn the volume up).

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4d6m7TbLvvw


Also interesting to see some fairly famous actors (male and female) of the era in there.

As a side note (and possibly a bit controversially) from there I found a link to an almost as old TAB Cola commercial from the early 80's. It was my first exposure to Elle McPherson and as a 13 year old I loved this commercial.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LhGJvGhIzaw


You won't get such blatant sexism like this in commercials these days (unless of course it's a Diet Coke ad). As for the guy on the beach all I can say is what an understanding wife/partner he has.

Signing off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, it's like a reunion for the cast of Prisoner, isn't it!

Pollyblog said...

All I can say is that they don't make 'em like that anymore (for obviously good reasons). Elle certainly had the goods!