Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Task 8 - RSS feeds

Well this has been an interesting lesson. I have heard of RSS feeds for many months now but never bothered to look into them before.

Using the Bloglines reader it was very simple to subscribe to 10 different feeds and to be able to check the results. I may, when I have more time, check out some different readers as I noticed that Bloglines does not come up in many of the default reader lists.

Anyway it was very simple to do and may find uses for it particularly when it comes to training.

I probably won't choose to use it at home though as I kind of like browsing all the different sites and actually typing in the addresses. It just seems lazy to have the whole net (well you know what I mean) brought to you. I know this is crazy but I can't help it.

Signing off!

No comments: